Thursday, August 06, 2009

London Trip August 2009

We spent 2 days and one night in Kensington London.

We went down on Tuesday the 4th of August, the main reason for going down on the Tuesday we had be bought a food experience and we chose to dine at Peridot at the Bentley Hotel.

The meal was amazing, we both started off with "Maryland crab cake with sweet corn relish and red pepper aioli" these tasted wonderful and was just the right size for a starter. Mrs EB had Confit of duck with pear mash and ginger honey wine with a green side salad. and I had Lamb cutlet served with garlic mash, buttered baby spinach and red wine jus and a mixed side salad. We had a wonderful bottle Rioja Crianza to accompany the meal. Mrs EB then had Warm pear tart tatin with crème brulee ice-cream and I had a Trio of crème brulée with fresh raspberrys. The food was a delight, the service was wonderful, we were the only two people in the resturant for most of the evening.

We then went for a walk around Kensington and Chelsea which was a great way to let the meal go down, on the way back we stoped off at a pub for a swifty and it had to be, we had just settled down with our drinks and they rang the bell and were chasing us out of the pub!!!

Wednesday was my birthday and after we woke up we went to breakfast, I orded two soft poached eggs and Mrs EB went off helped herself to the the breakfast bar buffet...I waited and waited, and then waited some more. I then asked for my poached eggs...they hadn't been ordered!!! anyhoo after another short wait my poached eggs arrived I added some bacon and toast and they went down a treat.

Then we packed, OK Mrs EB packed, then put the luggage into the hotel locker. Then we went on a tourist trip, 1st to the Mac shop....I love that place, then we went to the embankment...that was wonderful. A guy called Bruce was doing a busking act, comedy and juggling, he pulled me out of the crowd I'll add some pictures later, well I laughed and laughed.

After that we made our way slowly to Victoria for the theatre, we went to the pub first then to Maccy D's for a cheese burger. The off to see Wicked....

Wicked

WOW what a show, it was just wonderful, I wont say too much because if you haven't seen and you may see it, then it might take the edge off it if I tell the story. I will say it is the back story of the Witches from The Wizzard of Oz. Setting the scene for the film. The actors and actresses were just amazing and the singing just blew me away. I shed tears with wonderment and joy.

Then we went over to Soho had a beer and then a massive chinese feast, softeshell crab, Seaweed, then Chicken with chili and blackbean and lobster with noodles before heading off to Euson and home. All in all one of the best birthdays ever.