Monday, April 23, 2007

Viva Las Vegas

Week 1 Las Vegas, well how to describe Las Vegas? Loud, brash, in your face, big..in fact it’s bloody huge!!!! But it is also great fun and very friendly. We have had an amazing time, I am sure Mrs EB will blog her own views on Vegas, so these are just how I found it.

Vegas is very deceptive, a hotel that is just up the road, looks just up the road can be a mile away!!!! I know that sounds stupid, but Hotels in Vegas are very big, so look close by!!! I will blog some pictures when I get back to show what I mean. SO we got very sore feet and legs.

We saw "Love" by Cirque du Soliel, I don’t think I have ever seen anything as good or amazing in my life!!! (sitting on the balcony of our villa in Palm Springs(actually Palm Dessert) a humming Bird just flew up and started getting nectar from a tree by my ear!!!!that is a very close 2nd) afterwards we had a beer in the Revolution Bar a Beatles inspired bar which was also just fantastic.

Another trip we took was a helicopter ride over the Hoover Dam to the Grand Canyon, then down into the Canyon, then onto a Cowboy Ranch for a BBQ lunch. The Helicopter ride was brill, the Hoover Dam and Lake mead just mind blowing a 150 mile man made lake!!!! The Grand Canyon shows you the majesty of God in no uncertain terms, the Cowboy thing naaaa totally naff though the BBQ Chicken was very tasty.

Mrs EB was very lucky one morning; we popped to the Old Town of Vegas, the bit in all the old movies and she played a fruit machine and won $50 which was very nice and paid for dinner!!! Mmmm the food in Vegas is big and very tasty.

Anyway I am not here to Blog but enjoy myself with the amazing views we have and the peace and quiet, which after a week of bells and ching ching ching and screams and whoops is so needed.