Tuesday, February 20, 2007

Pancakes mmmmmmmmmmm




Today is Pancake Day, or Shrove Tuesday and the start of lent.
I love pancakes, and I will be making some some for Mrs EB and myself this evening, Nutella and Banana being a favourite of ours, (It reminds us of walking around Paris and buying Crepes of the street vendors). I also have some Blueberry Syrup thanks to a certain pretty American Mishkid so I am sure at least one will be with that.

I usually give up something for Lent, to try and focus my mind back on Christ. I gave up Chocolate and when I really wanted some chocolate I would try and think of Christ. (It didn’t always go to plan, but that is the idea) There is no point in giving up something that would be easy, so if I gave up crisps; I don’t really like crisps so giving them up wouldn’t affect me one way or another.

So this year I have decided to give up my cup of Tea, a bit like Mrs Teapot, I love my tea, I drink PG Tips strong and black and it gives me a big hit first thing in the morning. I think this is going to be a very tough lent, and I may find it hard to start the next 40 days.

So are you forgoing anything this lent, if so what?