Thursday, November 08, 2007

Nan and Granddad

Life is very strange and hard at times, I am waiting to hear back from an interview I went too on Monday, I am guessing that I didn't get the job and I am quite sad about that, I honestly thought I could do that job and that I could be a blessing to those I would reach. There is nothing I can do about it now, so I must learn to live with that. A very big thank you to those who prayed for me over this.

Over the past few days I have been working on a photo for my Mum, she has a photo of her Mum and Step Father Fred. (It was taken Italy in the 1970's) Fred was a wonderful man, he was really the only Grandfather I knew, my Dad's dad died when I was about 7 or 8 and I don't really remember him. Anyhooo Granddad as I called him was a chap who was old School, he would never say anything rude in front of a lady and even a slightly risky joke was a no-no. He would take you into another room and whisper it.... He would hold a door open for anyone, and carry the bags. He would help anyone and he looked after and doted on my Nan for many years after her strokes. When Nan died, he mourned her so badly that 12 months later he joined her. We all knew he was dying and it was his wish to do so, he refused any treatment. I had some chats with him just before he died, I was in Florida during December 1999 with Mrs EB and I phoned him every other day to say hi, and he would tell me all the news of what was happening at my Mums, where he now lived. I phoned one day and no one was in, I knew something had happened.

My mum arranged the funeral for when we returned, he was buried in the same the grave plot as Nan. I miss them both, but strangely him more so, he was my mate.

Anyhoo I thought spending this time would be a nice thing to do for my Mum, the photo now looks loads better and will make her happy, and that's what sons are suposed to do isn't it, make mums happy.