Tuesday, December 05, 2006

I don't know how I feel about Christmas this year?

Mrs EB's mother won’t be joining us as is the norm, so it will be just the two of us for dinner. A nice quiet afternoon of food, drink and presents. I never spent Christmas with Chris or Matt though seeing people at Church Christmas day is always a fun thing...all in new jumpers and socks...We don't open presents here until after dinner and the washing up is done, the fire is lit and a large Red Wine or brandy is in my hand.

Christmas is a time for family and friends, so feeling rather sad is part of this year’s Christmas, I am sad for Heidi and Stephen, Viv and Al and for Chris's family, but I am also sad for Mrs EB as She would probably be singing with Chris over the Christmas period, and I know doubt I would be mixing it, I would have gone for a curry or two the both and shared more than a beer or two. I will enjoy Christmas and the cabarets but I will also shed a tear or two and raise a glass to two friends who I miss very much.