Thursday, March 15, 2007

Anger and thoughts

It has been over 6 months since I have been lead to blog something political, FLN and I would get very angry at times but the past few days have really got to me.
Morgan Tsvangirai was beaten close to death by the police for standing against Robert Mugabe, and what does St Tony do about it? Says we must stand against tyranny? Jeepers I bet that scared Mugabe, oh right there is no oil in Zimbabwi so he won’t send the troops there will he? Inflation at 1700% (I was always told nothing could be greater that 100% when I was at school) millions dying or have died from starvation... I know my mate FLN would be a little angry at this. Lets Pray that this is a watershed and the People of Zimbabwi rise against Mugabe and freedom will be restored to this land.

Khalid Sheikh Mohammed The alleged mastermind of the 9/11 attacks has admitted his role in them, and 30 other plots in a hearing at Guantanamo Bay, the Pentagon says. "I was responsible for the 9/11 operation, from A to Z," said Khalid Sheikh Mohammed in a partial transcript from a closed-door hearing. WHAT!!!!! This guy was not allowed to have legal representation at this hearing? Now I don't care what he has admitted it is under duress. Every person deserves a fair trial, even the alleged person behind 9/11. He deserves full legal representation throughout, he also deserves to be treated with dignity. Oh yes, you are innocent until proved guilty in a court of law. This really shows what the American Government think of the rest of the world doesn't it, one rule rule for one and no rules for everyone else.


These have been a very tough 6 months, I miss my friends, and I have shed many tears. I don’t really know what to put, the pain is still there, there is still a very big hole where Matt and Chris should be. I can still hear each of their distinctive laughs, and I can hear Matt being so encouraging when I get some work. I hear Chris asking after my health and being so concerned that I don’t overdo things. Most of all I hear my friends asking How are you? and Matt asking shall we go for a business lunch this week with a big cheeky grin.

I spent time yesterday with a friend and councillor, I felt it was time to put things in my mind in some sort of order (6 months of emotions and thoughts can be unhelpful with me). I can honestly say, I had some issues that needed dealing with and having someone I respect so much talk through these things has helped me, it will take a few days for me to go through what was said and the advice given. I am so thankful to God for people who are wise and helpful.