Saturday, March 17, 2007

Windows Vista Grrrrrrrrrrrrr

Between Christmas and January, I invested in a New PC for my Studio, it was advertised on TV at PC World and looked a good buy. Anyhooo I have had my new PC running for a few months and everthing was fine and dandy. Then Thursday my free upgraded copy of Windows Vista arrived. I install it and everything looks good!!! I'm impressed. I tested a few basic things, email works, IE works, Word works. Then yesterday I try to do a few things.. apart from office 2007, IE7, Messenger 8 and Skype nothing else worked!!! I spent ages getting new drivers etc, but still things wouldn't work. I backed up all my documents and reformatted!!!! D'ohhhhhh I forgot to back up all my emails!!!!!!!! Arghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh life stinks when you do things like that.

Saturday is now spent being a complete nerd and tying to fix what was a perfectly good working pc and get it working again.

Bill Gates, you are not liked very much in my studio at the moment.