Friday, September 29, 2006

One day at a time

The saying “Life carries on” has been said to me, and at the moment, it seems to be carrying on around me. It feels like I am in one of those arty films Ed, Chris and Matt used to go and watch. I am standing in a crowd and everyone is moving around me.

Every day I try to do the things that need doing, load the dishwasher, make the bed, Cook the tea, I even did some work yesterday for the London Company that uses my talents… and to all intents and purposes life is carrying on; but it feels different.

If you are not a Christian who belongs to a loving and caring Church, I just don’t think you can understand the loss of two Brothers, but it is more than that, I know they are in Glory so I should be happy, and I am for them. It is the loss they have left in my life and the lives of their families.
Both Matt and Chris played a valuable part of my life and they also were part of the cogs that drove our church; Chris at his 90mph being involved in many, many facets from pastoral care, to Allsorts, from being on the phone to a member in need (just how can someone put a phone down that quickly?) to a caring shoulder to cry on, to leading Worship etc. Matt was a house group leader, prayer partner and was behind Heidi 100% Matt was involved in many things at church and was at prayer meetings I knew little of. As a Church we will carry on, as individuals we will carry on, we need to, there are many things that need to get done, I have commitments within Church and I need to do them, and I will.

Being a sound engineer, and a techy I get involved in a few things within Church, I have been on sound at many Thanksgiving services. None have been as full or as amazing as Matt’s and Chris’s services, that is because they were so loved and meant so much to our Church. The love shown at these services will stay with me. I have just edited the video for Matt’s service and it is wonderful to hear the singing what a glorious testimony and a wonderful way to show people that Christians Love God and that Matt and Chris are In Glory.

It is that I have a broken heart at the moment and it is hard to do all the normal things and carry on, but I will in my own way use this experience; I pray it makes me a better person for God and someone who cares a little more for others.
PS
If anyone else says "Time heals," they may need a bit of that time to heal themselves!!!!